Chippa United might be struggling in the South African top flight, but their number one goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi is highly rated in the transfer market.
In terms of valuation, the former Heartland and Warri Wolves shot stopper is ranked fifth in the Premier Soccer League (PSL) according to Transfermarkt.com.
His market value of €650,000 makes him well valued as the keeper is over 30.
Bafana Bafana goalie Itumeleng Khune is ranked number one, with Uganda international Denis Onyango in second place.
Here are the top 10 goalkeepers with the highest market values:
1. Itumeleng Khune (Kaizer Chiefs) – €1,25M (±R20M)
2. Denis Onyango (Mamelodi Sundowns)- €1M (±R16M)
3. Darren Keet (Bidvest Wits) – €900 thousand (±R14M)
4. Ronwen Williams (SuperSport United) – €800 thousand (±R13M)
5. Daniel Akpeyi (Chippa United) – €650 thousand (±R10M)
6. Richard Ofori (Maritzburg United) – €500 thousand (±R8M)
7. George Chigova (Polokwane City) – €475 thousand (±R7.5M)
8. Patrick Tignyemb (Celtic), Badra Sangare (Stars), Sage Stephens (City) – €450 thousand (±R7.1M)
9. Reyaad Pieterse (Mamelodi Sundowns) – €400 thousand (±R6.3M)
10. Nkosingiphile Gumede (Golden Arrows) – €350 thousand (±R5.5M)