The Super Eagles of Nigeria have what it takes to win against Madagascar tomorrow but no game is won without being played.
Here are the reasons I hold such optimism;
(1) The way it stands now we are at advantage having won our 2 previous games but we must win tomorrow to build more confidence and cohesion in the team.
(2) This is a tournament I don’t suggest they might be too much changes in the team line up. Coach Gernot Rohr might continue with the winning team but give the likes of Henry Onyekuru and Samuel Kalu opportunities during the second stanza of the game.
(3) The defence and midfield have been compact. We have not conceded any goal yet and minimised the use of space by the opponent within our goal area given maximum cover for Goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi.
(4) We have to be more dangerous in the opponents goal area by creating more chances with our pacy players in the attack like Ahmed Musa, Henry Onyekuru, Samuel Chukwueze, Moses Simon and co supplying the balls to punish the opponents defenders.
(5) Madagascar will come all out but our players who are more experienced will use the large space they create while on the offensive with our pacy attackers to punish them. But we must be ready to face a physical team and be more compact with the ball and make use of space. I still believe coach Gernot Rohr will stick to his 4-2-3-1 formation .
By Chinedu Otutubuike